Current Job Openings for the Boys & Girls Clubs of Glacier Country
We are looking for a responsible Program Staff to provide mentorship and engage youth members, specifically those in Elementary and Junior High, in activities and programs, which enables them to develop self-confidence and reach their full potential as responsible, caring citizens. The right candidate will direct the planning and implementation of Club programs and that will leave a positive impact on our members while maintaining a positive, safe environment and atmosphere at all times.
The Program Staff position is part time and during the school year is from 2:00 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. Monday thru Friday except Wednesday’s hours will be 1:00 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. Summer hours are part time and vary from morning shifts to afternoon shifts as the Club operates from 7:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. throughout the summer months.
The ideal candidate must have a friendly and easy-going personality. Patient with youth while also being very perceptive and disciplined. You should be able to deal with distractions in a fast-paced environment and be able to make quick changes in programming as needed.
This program will be located in either Columbia Falls or Evergreen.
- Empower members to be leaders through positive role modeling.
- Facilitate program sessions in the following skills: the arts, sports, STEM, fitness & recreation and character & leadership.
- Provide recognition to members through positive validations, healthy incentives, and affirmation on a regular basis.
- Positively influence the uplift members and other affiliates.
- Plans and oversees the administration of assigned programs and activities.
- Weekly program planning is required to ensure preparation and successful programs and activities.
- Attend and participate in staff trainings.
- Provide sound and reasonable documentation of your members at necessary times.
- Practice and consistently be aware of safe practices like Crisis Management, Emergency preparedness, CPR and First Aid.
- Primary location of job duties may vary from Columbia Falls to Evergreen, dependent upon the location of the candidate.
- Must be at least 18 years of age and have valid identification
- Must pass background check
- Strong communication and people skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Critical thinking
- Experience working with youth preferred
- Health Benefits for Employee
- Flexible hours during the summer months
- No weekend shifts
To apply please submit your resume to Pamela Koller, Area Director, by e-mailing it to her at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions, please call the Clubhouse at (406) 892-2697.